The purpose of this course is to offer a comprehensive discussion on the most relevant aspects regarding political and economic issues that can affect more directly the Brazilian prospects within the changing international order. Economic stability and development, environment, foreign trade, defense and security, political institutions, the changing role of the state, and multilateral and regional politics are among the topics to be discussed by University of Brasilia faculty members and by some guest speakers with expertise in the various subjects of the course.
Coordinators: Professors João Paulo Peixoto and Eiiti Sato Email: email@example.com / cel: (61) 9119 9957 ; (61) 33674242 (voice) 10 -12 am
- A brief historical overview of Brazilian foreign policy
- The Brazilian State
- Cultural and Scientific International Integration
- Understanding Brazil’s defense policy: key documents and policies
- Brazil’s perspectives on international security: facts, challenges, and approaches
- Brazil and the United Nations
- Brazilian ClimatePolicy: between nationalism and global governance
- Issues in Brazilian Political Culture
- The Brazilian Economy: Growth or Stagnation
- Sub-national diplomacy
- Brazil and the World Economy
- Brazil’s African Policy: Society, Economy and Politics.
- Brazil-China relations (political, economic and cultural aspects)
- Regional Integration – Mercosul and Beyond
- Brazil – US Relations: ups and downs
GUIDELINES: WHERE: International Relations/Political Science Building (UnB Campus) PERIOD: August, 22 to December, 20 (2014) – Every Friday from 10:00 to 12:00 a.m. APPLICATIONS: Secretary of the IREL/UnB (from July, 15th to August, 16th 2013 ), Mr. Vanderlei Crisostomo). Phones (61) 3107 3639 / 3633
Note: Applicants will have to pay fees according to official rates charged by the University of Brasilia.
SCHEDULLE Will be given to the participants upon their registration.